Constitution Party National Convention
Why should I attend the CP National Convention and what goes on at a Convention?
A National Convention is not just a great event to come to “if you can.” You should be there becasue:
1) It only occurs once every four (4) years and is the highest authority of the party so decisions made at the convention are of critical importance.
2) Delegates will vote on and adopt the platform that we can either proudly trumpet or “have to live with” for the next four years (which will greatly impact our outreach efforts to the average American voter as well as the campaigns of all of our candidates in 2012 and 2014);
3) It is the foundation of the Presidential Campaign for 2012. The nomination of the 2012 Presidential Candidate takes place at the convention.
4) National Committee officers for the next four years will be voted at the convention.
5) It is the marque event through which the Constitution Party presents itself to the media and the American voters.
If you are interested in serving as a delegate from your state, contact your state leader. Let’s get a full delegation from every state to this year’s convention in Nashville.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Wednesday, April 18
12:30 pm Credentials Committee Meeting
2:00 pm Platform Committee Meeting (Until 10 pm)
Thursday, April 19
8:00 am Platform Committee Meeting
9:00 am Rules Committee Meeting
4:00 pm Credentials Committee Meeting
7:00 pm Workshops on Ballot Access, Candidates, Media & Party Building
Friday, April 20
9:00 am Convention Opening Ceremony & Session 1
2:00 pm Session 2 Presidential Candidates Nominating Speeches & Candidates Addresses
5:30 pm Special Reception: Meet & Mingle with the Candidates
7:30 pm Session 3 Platform Committee Report – Debate and Adoption of Platform
Saturday, April 21
8:00 am Session 4
Roll Call Vote of the States to Elect Presidential Candidate and Presidential Candidate Acceptance Speech
2:00 pm Session 5
Vice-Presidential Candidate Nominating & Seconding Speeches
Election of Vice Presidential Candidate
Vice-Presidential Candidate Acceptance Speech
5:00 pm National Committee Meeting – Election of 2012-2016 National Officers
Regional Caucuses of States – Election of Area Chairmen and Co-Chairmen
8:00 pm Campaign Kickoff Banquet .